Updated: Jul 10, 2022
We are hiring a Design Assistant to join our growing design firm! This position is for immediate hire.
Secret Garden Landscapes is a full-service design company that helps people connect to their local environment and spend more time in their own outdoor spaces. When we create, we make sure the end result is ecologically sustainable, functional, and beautiful.
The Design Assistant will support various activities throughout Secret Garden Landscape's robust design process. Working closely with the Principal Designer and other team members, this position will aid in the creation of design boards, drawings, specification documents, execute various project/business related tasks, and assist during photography shoots (just to name a few).
· Embraces and can translate the Secret Garden Landscapes Design Style + Aesthetic into client projects
· Experience with creating design boards
· Experience in the interior design industry preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Experience with AutoCAD preferred
· Highly professional, organized, with extreme attention to detail
· Strong communication and written skills
· A team player with a positive, open, and adaptive attitude
· Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
· Self-motivated and takes the initiative
· Excellent work ethic and dependable/trustworthy
· Able to work independently and remotely
· Computer and Cell Phone required
· Has reliable transportation to be able to visit project site locations and team meetings.
· Must reside in SF East Bay
· Assist in the development of design boards, spec furniture and project specific documents
· Assist Principal Designer in various project and business-related tasks
· Run project related errands including but not limited to sample collection and project material sourcing
· Engage in Project Photo Shoots & Styling
Hours & Compensation
Position will be paid hourly (dependent on experience)
· 1099 worker to start; 90 day trial period
· ~10-20 hours / week with opportunity to grow
Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Cover Letter expressing why you want to work for Secret Garden Landscapes and what sets you apart.