Updated: Nov 19, 2021
We are hiring a Landscape Stylist/Designer to join our growing design firm! This position is for immediate hire.
Secret Garden Landscapes is a full service design company that helps people connect to their local environment and spend more time in their own outdoor spaces. When we create we make sure the end result is ecologically sustainable, functional, and beautiful.
The Landscape Stylist/Designer will support various activities throughout Secret Garden Landscape's robust design process. Working closely with the Principal Designer and other team members, this new position will aid in the creation of detailed landscape plans, design boards, specification documents, execute various project related tasks, and actively engage in project installation activities (just to name a few).
· Embraces and is able to translate the Secret Garden Landscapes Design Style + Aesthetic into client projects
· Passionate about the environment, gardening and enjoys being outside
· Experience with creating design boards and detailed space plans
· Experience in the interior design industry preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD is a plus
· General understanding of gardening and plant maintenance
· Highly professional, organized, with extreme attention to detail
· Strong communication and written skills
· A team player with a positive, open, and adaptive attitude
· Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Self-motivated and takes the initiative
· Excellent work ethic and dependable/trustworthy
· Able to work independently and remotely
· Computer and Cell Phone required
· Has reliable transportation to be able to visit project site locations and project-related meetings.
· Must reside in SF East Bay
· Accurately measure and create detailed design plans
· Assist in the development of design boards, spec furniture and project specific documents
· Assist Principal Designer in various project related tasks
· Run project related errands including but not limited to samples collection and project sourcing
· Engage in Project Installation activities
Hours & Compensation
Position will be paid hourly (dependent on experience)
· 1099 worker to start; 90 day trial period
· ~10-20 hours / week with opportunity to grow
Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Letter expressing why you want to work for Secret Garden Landscapes and what sets you apart